Students will learn how to reduce security threats to networks, and develop the skills to design and implement internet and network applications. They will also get to experiment with specialist equipment to put into practice their newfound skills. Inclusively, students will have the chance to gain industry-recognised certifications, including Cisco’s CCNA and CCNP.
Middlesex University is ranked 176–200 in the world for computer science (The World University Ranking 2019).
Graduates of the programme will be equipped with professional and employable skills and attributes such as:
- building a significant range of networking skills;
- the ability to create computer networks and configure networks for secure operation;
- the ability to use a range of software and hardware design/engineering tools, and environments effectively;
- and the awareness of the professional, ethical and social ramifications relevant to the practice of the network based systems professional.
- Networks are strategically important in making our environment safer, more productive and more intelligible by allowing data to be transmitted securely over long distances at high speed. As such, the course provides insights into how the taught concepts can ensure business competitiveness and secure communications, which are both critically dependent on network performance, management and the effective use of networked systems.
- This Programme provides the skills to understand the current condition of the industry besides the obvious advantage of standing out in the job market with technological proficiency.
- The BSc Computer Networks is aimed at students who are interested in undertaking a degree that has practical applications in Mauritius, across Africa and Asia; and those in employment, who need to develop their skills in order to fulfill their job functions, whilst focusing on a wide range of development skills and business oriented intelligent integrated solutions.
- BSc Computer Networks is offered over the course of 3 years.