The BSc Honours Information Technology will provide you with an understanding of how IT systems can be used to support the activities of a wide range of organisations. You will learn how modern enterprises work and how a wide range of technologies can be used to support their operations.
Overview – Why Sign Up?
Our BSc (Hons.) Information Technology is structured in ways that map explicitly on to modern technology, and includes systems design, application development in a modern industrial strength programming language, network design and management, web-application development including both server and client-side programming. Students will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipment.
- Practical hands-on work in modern labs will be used to illustrate the application of theory and concepts.
- Students have the opportunity to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies such as augmented reality, internet of things and tangible user interfaces.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project.
- Students develop a core set of transferable technical skills as well as a strong background in professional ethics.
- Programme content is enriched by providing industry engagement opportunities to students through industry speakers and field trips.
- Career coaching and support is available to all students through the Employability Service.